April 7 – May 31, 2021
Free your spirit on Hattiesburg’s new Public Art Trail during HBURG Art-a-Thon, and discover why the Hub City is emerging as the artistic destination of the Gulf South. Through the end of May, grab an HBURG Art-a-Thon passport and phone or camera to capture more than 40 vibrant, Instagram-worthy murals and sculptures found throughout the city. The perfect socially distanced activity, you are invited to participate in the Art-a-Thon to walk away with #ArtHBURG prizes.
Participate in 3 easy steps and get ready to redeem your passport for fun prizes:
1. Explore HBURG’s Murals & Sculptures
2. Post 10+ pics with #ArtHBURG and #MuralsofHBURG
3. Complete for Art-a-Thon prizes
Once you’ve posted 10+ photos of HBURG’s public art stops on social media, mark your passport & bring it to one of 8 locations for prize redemption.
Where to Redeem Prizes:
African American Military History Museum: 305 E. Sixth Street; Open Thursday & Friday, 10a-4pm, and Saturday 12-4pm
Author Shoppe: 140 E. Front Street; Open Wednesday-Saturday, 12-8pm
Blooms Company: 301 McLeod Street; Open Monday-Friday 10am-6pm, and Saturday 10am-2pm
Hattiesburg Public Library: 329 Hardy Street; Open Monday-Tuesday, 10am-5pm, Wednesday-Thursday, 11:30am-6:30pm, and Friday-Saturday, 10am-5pm
The Lucky Rabbit: 217 Mobile Street; Open Saturday, 9am-6pm, and Sunday 11am-5pm
Main Street Books & Wildflower Market: 210 Main Street; Open Wednesday-Saturday, 10am-4pm
The Porter: 201 W. Pine Street; Open Tuesday-Thursday, 11am-11pm, and Friday-Saturday, 9am-11pm
T-Bones Records & Cafe: 2101 Hardy Street; Open Monday-Saturday, 9am-9pm, and Sunday 11am-9pm.
– Blank passports may be found at any redemption site or printed at home.
– To redeem prizes, participants must have marked at least 10 locations off of their passports by posting photos on social media with #ArtHBURG and #MuralsofHBURG.
– Passports must be left with staff at redemption sites in exchange for #ArtBURG prizes.
– Prizes may be collected at the redemption site of your choice.
– One prize per person over the lifetime of the 2021 event.
– If there are multiple participants in one party, each person must have completed their own passport to collect a prize.
– Have FUN!!
Download the VisitHBURG app to follow the Art Trail and discover Art-a-Thon locations